Chief Executive Officer
Proptech Association Australia
- Streamlining processes by having all stakeholders contribute to a single information sharing platform (single source of truth)
- Sharing property-related IoT data to build trust and increase tenant/end-user engagement
- Preparing for cybersecurity issues as virtualisation, data capture, and data-sharing increase
- Leveraging health and safety-related smart building features to encourage post-COVID tenancy
- Identifying which technologies will provide occupiers with tangible benefits
- Providing an enhanced ‘experience’ for users of commercial space
- Allowing pre-booking of assets for safe return to work
- Improving communications and engagement by connecting all team members with a ‘single source of truth’ platform
- Examining the financial impact of the right proptech on the value of a property
National Offering Manager
KONE Australia & New Zealand
- Competing with the convenience of WFH by providing an experience that is better than online
- Developing a sense of community in workplaces and retail spaces using mobile apps
- Facilitating collaboration and creating human experiences for tenants and users
- Creating a safe space – using technology to monitor hygiene and movement
Director, Business Performance & Technology, Global Real Estate
- Understanding the key elements of the work from home and return to office experience – where do employees want to work and why?
- Rethinking how office spaces are used; enhancing collaboration and innovation, while some employees continue to work remotely
- Identifying the technology needs of managing offices across a hybrid work paradigm
Global Head of Demographic Insights, APAC Lead
Cushman & Wakefield
- Which technologies are essential and which are fads that will quickly fade into obscurity?
- How does the industry identify the tech that will translate to higher rental yields?
- What are the ‘new metrics’ that will make a property more desirable to commercial tenants?
- How do you work with legacy systems (and ensure that the tech you implement now will be able to work with the next generation)?
Property and Projects Manager
Sime Darby Motors Group Australia
Real Estate Manager
Senior Vice President and Managing Director - APAC
MRI Real Estate Software
Regional Director, Asia Pacific Sales
- Transforming AI chatbots/concierges into recommendation engines based on personalised inputs, helping customers find the best deals
- Sharing demographic data like gender, age and ethnicity (via facial recognition) with tenants for great insights into consumers
- Creating a streamlined or ‘theatrical’ shopping centre experience to make in-person retail competitive with shopping online
Head of Customer Technology & Innovation
- Putting humans at the centre of what has traditionally been an infrastructure-centric industry
- Improving the health of tenants through biophilic design (integration of nature, natural lighting and natural ventilation)
- Studying traffic flows of tenants to predict and accommodate the peak traffic times, to ensure no one is left waiting
- Leveraging AI to offer a ‘personalised’ concierge service, automating and streamlining booking hot-desks and conference spaces
Workplace Strategy Manager
- Are there really new metrics in corporate real estate management?
- What are the technologies that can make one space more desirable than another?
- Are tenants willing to pay more to be in sustainable spaces?
- How do lease managers incorporate proptech-related workplace satisfaction into their decision making?
Director and Founder
Emma Hendry Advisory
Workplace Strategy Manager
NSW State Director of Office Leasing
Savills Australia & New Zealand
- Critically reviewing the proptech ‘revolution’ 5 years after it first emerged
- Embracing the opportunity proptech offers… and why it doesn’t happen
- What are the gaps for technology in commercial property that remain unexplored?
Asia Pacific Growth Lead